Partner Training Program (Implementation and Support)
In order to become a Nōwn Implementation and/or Support partner we must go through three detailed phases of training, each equipping you to excel in a particular area.
At any point, feel free to reference the ultimate Nōwn guide which goes over 90% of the content all from one link.
Before we begin it's very important to understand at a fundamental level exactly how our POS hardware is connected and the way in which it works. In this stage we give you lists of the compatible pieces of hardware with our system and the way in which it is connected. Understanding how it's all connected will give us a good base to work with going forward.
- Supported hardware
- Breakdown of the different hardware configuration types
- Ethernet Printer Set Up Diagram
- Bluetooth Printer Set Up Diagram
- Cash drawer/Printer Combo Diagram
- Breakdown of how to go about setting up the hardware
- Kiosk Set Up
Implementation Training Session
In order to set up a client we need to teach you how to adequately go through the onboarding process. However, in addition to following the onboarding guide we need to have you up to speed on how to get the customer familiar with using our system.
- Which Reports are the most important and how to use them?
- POS Best Practices: These are a must! We want all our clients following these best practices
- Access Set Up: Setting Up Users and Employees
- Cashier Training Course: Outlining all the key POS functionality
- Loyalty : A Full breakdown of the loyalty program and how it works
- Editing and Creating your menu/product list
Support Training Session
In order to provide support to the Nōwn client base we must ensure that you have a strong understanding of where the issues come from, what is the nature of them, and how to deal with them. Below you will find some helpful links and resources outlining what to expect.
- Common Issues POS: hardware issues, questions about access set up, what happens if internet goes down?
- Emphasize loyalty : it is a reminder to push clients to use the Nōwn loyalty program at each opportunity. This is our calling card!
- Overview of requirements: Tier 1 and Tier 2 support. A reiteration for what is required for tier 1 or 2 support can be found below:
Tier 1: Low level email support such as basic hardware troubleshooting, usability questions, logging of simple bugs and feature requests.
Tier 2: Email and phone support at regular business hours for Nōwn issues; such as advanced hardware troubleshooting, Bug diagnosis, staff and manager training, Access control, Mobile App Support, New Hardware set up ( full support with setting up new hardware).
Email support at regular business hours for all mobile customers’ application related questions and issues
24/7 phone support for payment transaction related software issues (limited to availability of payment processor team if applicable)
- What to expect! It's an important to understand the type of support questions that you will get from customers. At the highest level, about 75% of support issues come from three main categories: software bugs and issues, user error (a customer thinks there is a bug but really they are doing something wrong), and hardware help or troubleshooting.
- General Support: we have hundreds of articles to help you with whatever your question may be, simply click on the embedded link