Configuring Mobile Ordering
In a world where mobile payments are more popular than ever, it is essential to be able to offer mobile ordering to your customers. To get it set up, please follow the few simple steps below:
Don't have mobile order but want it enabled? Please speak to a representative about enabling it, in order to do this, you will need an e-commerce ID. Once you provide us with this ID, mobile ordering will be enabled and you can begin set up!
Further, before we begin you will also need to provide Nōwn with your exact store location (latitude and longitude). This is important so that the app algorithm can show your location appropriately to nearby customers.
1. Set your app images
To upload a images that will appear on your mobile profile when customers view it through the app, follow these steps
- Select the Set Up tab found on the menu bar on the left hand side. Select Mobile Set Up
- Choose image for location logo and tap on Upload Logo (JPEG or PNG file)
- Choose image for location banner and tap on Upload Banner (JPEG or PNG file)
- Tap on Next step
2. Set your store hours
Operating hours are important to add because they change the availability of your menu. If your store is closed, it won’t show allow customer to put in Mobile Orders.
To edit the store hours:
- Select the Set Up icon on the left hand side menu bar
- Select General Info
- Move the slider to set your hours for each day.
Note: do not delete any hours of operations, if you're closed during that
3. Configure your menu
There is no separate mobile order menu, in order to set menu items for mobile ordering all you have to do is turn on a toggle!
- Select the Set Up icon on the left hand side menu bar. Then select Products.
- Click on any item to edit it, when the new module comes up, turn on the toggle that says "Mobile Order" in order for the item to show up in the app.
- Once you turn this toggle on you will be asked to input your preparation and total time. The preparation time tells you how long the item is prepped for while the total time is the total actual time it will take you for to complete the order from the moment it is accepted. This setting is important because this will be communicated to the customer when they place an order. For example: if your total time is set to 8 minutes the customer will be told their order will be ready 8 minutes after it is accepted.
Bonus: if you have certain items that you only want to appear for mobile ordering but not in store, then while you are on the edit item screen, click on Advanced Options and turn on the toggle for Mobile User Only toggle.
4. Beautify your Menu
- When in the Edit Item screen, which can be accessed as described above, the top right hand corner of the screen gives you an option to Choose An Image.
- Upload the Item Images you wish here. This will make your mobile app storefront seem much more visually appealing as customers will be able to see the item image when they're looking through your menu.