Clover Terminal Best Practices
In order to have the smoothest experience possible with the Clover terminal, please see the list of best practices that should be followed by your cashiers below!
- Always keep the terminal docked on the charger between transactions.
- Never manipulate the credit card terminal other than to hand it to customers. Everything you need to do with the terminal is handled by Nōwn. The only person that should ever touch the credit card terminal screen is customers during a transaction.
- If the screen on the terminal is not showing your stores: branding, name, or logo, then the terminal is not in semi-integrated mode and will not work. To correct this please do the following:
- Go to the home screen of the Clover Terminal, you will see a grid of apps just like you would on an android phone.
- Look for the "Network Pay" app, it may be located on the second page. If you do not see the Network pay app, please install it.
- Note: you MUST be logged in to the Clover with admin permissions to be able to install the app from the app market. If you don't see the “More Tools” or “App Marketplace” app, it's because you are logged in as a user without sufficient permissions.
- Open this app, once it opens scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap "Start"
- If there is no “Start” button, please Press and hold the power on button on the right side of the terminal to restart it. Once the terminal restarts you may be asked to type in a PIN, we wouldn't have this information so the PIN would be whatever you set up ono your end.