How To - Applying Native Tax Exemptions
In order for the tax exemption to be enabled please contact Nōwn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will also need to make sure that you have created a second tax rate for Native Tax Exemption purposes. To do this go to “Setup” then select “General Info” and add a new tax rate under “Tax Rates”.
Native Tax Exemption For Non-Loyalty Customer
If a customer comes into the store and presents a Native Status Card they are exempt from the Provincial portion of the HST. The steps for this are:
- Once the person presents their Native Status Card, click on Guest Transaction to begin the transaction. Next you will click the button at the top of the page that says “Guest”.
- A new window will pop up, in this new window you will enter the registration number for the Native ID of the customer. It is mandatory to record this.
- Once this is done proceed with a transaction as normal.
- At the end of the transaction, before you click Pay Now, click on the blue text that says Tax. elect the tax that only represents the provincial portion of the Tax
- Press Apply and complete the transaction
Native Tax Exemption For Loyalty Customer
- Once the person presents their Native Status Card, click on their picture to begin the transaction.
- Select the items that they want to order
- Before selecting the Pay Now button, click on one of the items. Under the Notes section, enter the Native ID.
- Once this is done, before you click Pay Now, click on the blue text that says Tax.
- Select the tax that only represents the provincial portion of the Tax
Press Apply and complete the transaction.