Printer Set Up - Kitchen Printer Set Up
- Head into the Nōwn settings and go to Station Set Up. Set up the kitchen printer as you would any other printer, for a reminder on how to setup your printer please view the corresponding article here.
- The only difference between a regular printer set up would be that instead of checking off the box that says "Receipt", you would check off the box that says Secondary.
- You will get an alert pop up that will inform you that by default every item you sell will print to the kitchen printer. Acknowledge the message.
- And you're done! All items will now print to the kitchen printer when they are purchased. However, you might not always want all items to go to the kitchen printer, in order to make adjustments please proceed below.
- If you wish to only have a few items print on the kitchen printer, you first want to remove all items from the kitchen printer, then add the few items that you want to print.
- To do this, scroll almost to the bottom (still in station settings) and click on “Turn Off Secondary Printing For All Items”
To set specific items to print to the kitchen printer, go to the Products section, found on the menu bar on the left hand side.
Click on an item, once you do this a new Edit Item module will appear with information about the item. Click on Advanced Settings and scroll to the bottom.
Turn on the toggle that says Print on Secondary Printer
Alternatively if most of your items are assigned to the kitchen printer except for a few, you would keep all items assigned to the printer (don't turn off secondary printing for all items as mentioned above) and then follow the remainder of the steps above. The only difference being that you turn OFF the toggle instead of turning it ON in the prior step.
Have multiple kitchen printers and want to change which item goes to which printer?
- Go to the Products section, found on the menu bar on the left hand side.
- Click on an item, once you do this a new Edit Item module will appear with information about the item.
- Scroll down and expand the Advanced Settings field.
- Scroll to the bottom and click on the box that says "Set Printer"
- Select the printer you want this item to print to, repeat for each item.