Credit Card Terminal - How to Find Your IP Address
Please see the instructions below on how to find the IP address of your credit card terminal below:
Note: if for any of the devices the section that says “Address" is your IP address. If IP address is 0.0.0.0 there is no ethernet connection which could be for one of three reasons:
1. Your ethernet cable is not connected properly to the terminal, ethernet port, or both.
2. Your ethernet cable is faulty, replacing the cable would solve the issue.
3. There is no internet coming from the ethernet port, in this case you would need to contact your internet service provider.
Moneris ICT 250
- Press the Admin menu (.,#*) and wait a second or two
- Press (.,#*) again, the terminal will as you to enter the admin code
- Type in the number “16” when it asks you to enter the Admin Code. Press the green button
- Select yes
- A very long report will start printing
- It will print for a while and then you will see fields such as: MAC Address, Address, Mask ID, Gateway. Once you see these press cancel. Keep this print out it is important.
Global Payments ICT 250
1. At the idle menu, press [.,#*] for the administrator menu
2. Input admin name and admin password, and press Enter
3. Press 3 for Setup Menu
4. Press 2 for Communications
5. Press 3 for Ethernet
6. Press 1 for Current Setup
7. Note down the IP address (similar to 192.168.1.123). This IP address will be used later when configuring the Nōwn POS.
Default Admin Name – 1
Default Admin Password – 12345677F
Global Payments Desk 5000
a) Access the admin menu by clicking on the (.,#*) button.
b) Select Misc Options,
c) Go to Semi-Intergrated,
d) Click Communication Type,
e) Press enter. IP address and Port # will be shown there.
First Data Clover
- If you are in transaction mode (the page that shows your store: name, branding, etc) press all four corners of the screen to exit transaction mode.
- Once you are on the home page you will see a grid of apps, Click on the menu button in the top left hand corner, once the menu expands press “Settings”
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, the IP address will be displayed here. Write it down.