Credit Card Terminal Set Up - Global Payments Desk 5000
Step 1: Unbox and Set Up Plug in the Hardware
Make sure that the terminal is plugged into the power bar and ensure that an ethernet cable is running from your router into the credit card terminal box. Ensure that you plug the ethernet cable into the slot labeled “ETH”
Once this is done, please call your payment processor (Moneris, Global Payments or Merrco) in order to set up merchant settings for you. This is only if you have a brand new out of the box terminal or you have switched payment processors. If you don't call them you won't be able to set up the machine, their assistance is necessary.
Once your terminal is plugged in please make sure it has ethernet connection, the image below shows where you can check this.
Note: If you look at the image above and determine that your terminal has no internet connect this could be for one of three reasons:
1. Your ethernet cable is not connected properly to the terminal, ethernet port, or both.
2. Your ethernet cable is faulty, replacing the cable would solve the issue.
3. There is no internet coming from the ethernet port, in this case you would need to contact your internet service provider.
Step 2: Configure the Terminal Settings
Step 1 (video)
Step 2 (video)
Step 3 (video)
Step 4 (video)
Step 5 (video)
Step 6 (video)
Step 3: Configure credit card terminal to station in Nōwn
1.Open the Nōwn POS app.
2. Log in with your credentials. Press skip tutorial, if applicable, and go to the Setup section.
Note: if you do not see the Set Up tab it means you are logged in as a Station user. Please ensure you are using the admin account, this is the one whose account details you received when you signed up for Nōwn.
3. Tap on Set Up, go to Station Set Up.
4. Click on the pencil icon to edit POS stations.
Which station you link it to is very important. If you link a printer to POS 1 then you must log in as POS 1 when you use Nōwn, otherwise doing a transaction will trigger the wrong hardware.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the Edit Station menu and enter the information as follows:
- Card Terminal IP Address - you found the IP address in Step 2
- Card Terminal Port - 5555
- Card Terminal Type - Global Payments
Remember to save changes at the bottom of your page!
PLEASE REPEAT THIS STEP FOR EACH IPAD. EACH TERMINAL MUST BE CONFIGURED TO AN IPAD.